Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dreams: What I view them to be...

Dreams rarely happen for me. So, when they do happen, I always wonder what triggers that mechanism in my brain for the dreams to actually happen. Most people do not pay attention to their dreams, but they happen so rarely to me that I try to take what I just dreamed and put that into perspective in my life.



I do that because I believe that dreams are like letters being passed from one state of consciousness to another. Dreams are my natural way of taking what I try to suppress and forget about, and bringing it to the surface so that I have to deal with it and put it out of my head. Being able to process those dreams is important in my life because I have to deal with them.

Last night, I had a couple of dreams that just irritated the piss out of me. I woke up this morning, almost in tears because of the intensity that they caused me to feel. I don't know why these dreams came into my head, but apparently I had to process thru them and get past them because I had been frustrated about them. As I am writing, I still feel upset by them, but as I write, that feel is also going away.

I just felt I had to write something about this. My dreams were extremely intense.

1 comment:

Dax said...

sometimes dreams are there to make us face what we either don't think we need to face or aren't ready to face. talking about them, writing about them, or looking into them are always a good thing. you know most of us that consider ourselves your friends are here for you anytime you need to talk to us.