Friday, September 19, 2008

Mound Tour, Small piece of Ohio History

Marshall told me about the mounds of Ohio that Indians originally used for living. He asked if I would like go to and, being a history buff, I said sure!

I am not going to put all of the information on my blog, I am just gonna link each mound to Marshalls blog and you can view the information there!

It was a fun time! It was very interesting to see the mounds and it was a beautiful day. It was worth the time!



Mound Tour, Day 4 (The only day I was able to go)

Tarleton Cross Mound - Interesting mound itself, although not that impressive to look at.

Mound City Group - This one was the best group of mounds, by far!

Adena Mansion and Gardens - This is the spot where the Great Seal of the State of Ohio gets the insignia. I don't understand why they put the emphasis on the seal, instead of the state. Shouldn't it be the Seal of the Great State of Ohio?? Food for thought!

Hopewell Mound Group - This took us on a LONG walk around the mounds, only to find out that after about 2 miles, that the mounds were no longer there, just the imprints of where they used to be. It was a good day for a walk though!

Siep Mound Earthworks - This Mound was HUGE! There are pics to show the size of this mound. I looked so small in comparison.

Story Mound - A mound, literally, in the middle of Chillocothe.

Great Seal State Park - Once again, the Great Seal... hrm?!? We think there is misinformation on the plaqard. I am looking into it!

So, overall, it was a great trip. It was a beautiful day and I got to see parts of Ohio that I had not seen yet. Take a look at the pics! Leave some comments!

1 comment:

Wes said...

We went to the mounds in Scott last year and took some pictures. It was a fun little trip. We even picked cotton and learned how they make cotton into clothes. :)