Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bratwurst Festival - Good Food!



Well, I had the Friday off and Marshall asked if I wanted to go Bucyrus to the Bratwurst Festival, so I said yes. I had never been before, so I was looking forward to it!

We take off around 9 am. Mind that I am EXHAUSTED because I had to work until 330am. We take off and head north. We are riding in his black VW Bug Convertible. It was a PERFECT day for a drive too.

As we get there, we go to visit his mother. All I can say is that I know alot about the way Marshall is now. He was right when he said the fruit didn't fall far from the tree!



As we pull up to the festival, its the same thing you would think of when you imagine a fall town festival. There were street vendors and carnival rides and all the typical event stuff. It was fun. We went by the Band Booster booth and ordered some of Carle's Brats. They were GOOD!

After some time, we heard one of the local bands playing, however it was an older version of a band. :) They were playing that song from Groundhog day... do you remember? The one that played CONSTANTLY thru that movie! I felt like I was in PA, other than it was summer and warm!



After we browsed thru some places, we decided to have an Apple Dumplin... OMGOSH! It was sooooooo good! Yummy!!!

It was a fun afternoon! I was a little sun burned but it was worth the day!

No comments: