Monday, July 14, 2008

Bottoms vs. Plugged Nickel





5 weeks off from playing



5 weeks off from practicing



No practice the week of the game



Recipe for Disaster? It seemed to be!

My softball team played for the first time yesterday in 5 weeks! Wow! We held our own and it wasn't a shut out but wow! We lost 16-7.

The day started by having the coach basically telling me that he doesn't want to be coach anymore. So, that was a great way to start the day and that pretty much set the tone. As we started practicing, I got to warm up and then, as the assistant manager, I had to go to do my job.

I FINALLY get the official line up going and its time to start the game. The umpire wanted to start early, but alas, even though I told people to get at the field at 1 p.m., people showed up as late as 1:55. So, at 2 pm, we start.

It was not bad at first! We were up to bat first. We did pretty good considering the circumstances. 0-0 first inning!

Well, after we got up to bat next, we were down 0-5. We get out there and tie the game! I was so proud of the team. Something clicked and we were able to get by them. Wow!

Ugh, then starting in the 5th... they found the weak spot in our defenses and exploited it. They had 11 runs on us and we thought we were in for. However, as we are doing our "high 5's" there was a challenge on the rules and we got to play for 2 more innings. We got 2 more runs in those 2 innings. So, we only lost by 9 and we put up a damn good fight!

So, all in all... it was not bad considering the circumstances. I know what needs to be done now and so shall it be! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's alright, go bottoms! I love you guys...those of you whom i met :D

Dax said...

seriously.. tank tops?