Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A NEVER Ending Battle... Will I Win This One?


When I first moved here, I felt like I needed to lose some weight. Obviously, if you knew me, you would agree, even if you didn't tell me. I was up to almost 265 when I moved to Ohio. So, what to do? Diet! UGH.


First of all, I love to eat. Not the good food, but the bad food. McDonalds and Wendys are my good friends and they are invited to dinner all the time, but I decided since I was in a new place I would start a new life here and that included losing weight.


I started out by exercising. I enrolled in a local health facility and the personal trainer worked with me for the first couple of months and I really started to lose the weight. I was making sure I ran at least 500 to 750 calories off a day and that didn't include lifting. So, on top of that I changed my diet and really started to see the weight loss. I got all the way down to 219!


Fast forward to around February: I start feeling burn out from working out EVERY DAY. So, I stop going to the gym as much. Once again, I start eating unhealthy and stop looking at myself as someone who need to lose weight and started to look at myself as "ok."


Here we are now, after Pride is over and guess where I am at??? I am not back to 265 but I am at 235 and that is NOT acceptable. That is only 16 lbs over the past 3 months, but that is alot.


Time to diet and work out again! This time, I have help, or so I hope!


Jeremy, Marshall and I are going on this website to track our calories. http://www.fitday.com/ We are doing this so we can start to actually see where the weight is coming from and where all the calories are coming from. IT IS AMAZING HOW BAD I EAT!


So, with that, I start a new chapter hoping to make these changes permanent. I hope that I will be able to do it and I hope Jeremy and Marshall enjoy it, well... not ENJOY it, but benefit from its benefits!

No comments: