Tuesday, July 29, 2008

DCI - Atlanta


Have you ever been to something that you just felt was a blast? That was what I was hoping DCI would be, and it was!

Drum Corps International is sloganed as Marching Music's Major League, and for good reason! If you have never been to a DCI show, you are missing out! It is a lot of fun. Of course, you would have to be a fan of marching band to somewhat enjoy it.

Me, Veronica, Ashley, and Deejay drove to Atlanta, GA for a Saturday performance. Deejay and I drove down from Columbus, which was an 8.5 hour drive. So, we get up and leave early Friday morning to make it down to Atlanta. It is HOT! It is HUMID! I had totally forgotten the difference in the south vs. the midwest.

Veronica and Ashley drove from Russellville, Arkansas. That is about an 11 hour drive, which they made into a 13 hour drive due to stopping to view a band they thought was in Memphis and heavy rain. I was exhausted for them!

After we get there, we go to the hotel and check in for the night. We go downtown and eat at Jason's Deli, which is one of my favorite restaurants we don't have here in Columbus. I wish we had it.

We went out for one drink at the local bar called Blakes. Wow, I thought Columbus was pretentious! It was packed, full of people who you could just feel their judgement reigning down. The good thing is that I didn't care! I was not going to be back to visit so let them stare.

The next day, we head to the Georgia Dome. I had never been in a dome that big before so I was very impressed! We walked in and there were people everywhere. The best part of it was that Veronica got us FREE press box seats. We didn't have to share with hardly anyone. It was great. We were up and away from the masses and we had primo seats! It was a great place!

So, all in all, I had fun. Although I had to be back in Columbus for a game at 3:15, which we had to forfeit for because of the lack of players... UGH! I was so tired!

No comments: