Sunday, July 20, 2008

Quit? Really?


If you are reading this, you either know that I am an extreme team player or you don't know me at all, and at such point you decide to read this, you will now know!


I play on a softball team and I am the assistant manager. This is the first time I have ever played softball, so I am learning how it goes and learning how to play.


I am also learning more about my friends than I care to admit. The reason for this blog is to get my frustration out on how a couple of friends have quit or stopped caring about the game and the season.


First of all, if you are going to put your time and dedication into something, wouldn't it stand to reason that you follow thru with that? Well, that is what I think. I have had a couple of people, who I call friends, decide to just give up. WTF? Why?


One friend is frustrated because people were not showing up to practices. He was putting time and effort into going to practice and helping people learn how to play and also helped us learn how to play as a team. So, someone who from the beginning showed passion to play is now not caring when he is playing. Imagine the teams morale just by watching him.


The other friend of mine, just makes me irritated. He got made because I sub'd him for a game. He didn't feel that he should be sub'd because of the time and dedication that he has put in. I tried to explain to him that it was tentative and that he would get to play, but he did not want to hear it and quit over it. Can you believe it??? Quit... A 45 year old man acting like a 12 year old. I know I shouldn't care, but it really opens my eyes to stuff in the future. If he gives up so easily on a softball game because he didn't get what he wanted, imagine us as friends. If I ever make him mad, he will just give up on our friendship. So it just has me thinking.


I am just from the school of thought that you don't give up... PERIOD. If things don't go your way, you grow the F*&K up and finish what you start. Maybe that is just me...

1 comment:

Dax said...

Shaun you know how pissed I get when people quit. Hell we had people quit our squad the weekend before we left for padre. Anyway, it's just people. Say fuck it and move on to your next disappointment. Kinda like I have learned to do