Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Little Civility and a Lesson in Manners


Now that you know I have a scooter, lets talk about manners when it comes to scootering along.

If you know me at all, you should be aware that I pay attention to just about any and all things that surround me. I generally know who is doing what at all times during my journey thru the day.

Today is no different than any other day, except...

I am driving along down South Central, yes, just like the corny movie, when I notice two kids walking along the right sidewalk. Nothing suspicious right...

As I start getting closer, one of the boys hides behind a light pole. Curious about to the reason, I start paying attention.

I get right up on the kids and notice an arm come out and some kind of liquid, which I found out to be Sprite, was thrown into my path. YES, usually I don't pay any attention to stuff like that, but since I was on my scooter and was headed to work, I decided to take action.

The little brats did not expect this, but as soon as I was hit by the liquid, I slammed on my brakes and turned around. Surprisingly, the kids did not run, but they did hurry up to try to get away.

I catch up to them and ask for an apology, of which they deny me. I get no where with the children and finally tell them that I want to speak to their parents. Once again, they take me to their mother.

I get the mom to come outside to the porch and explain to her what happened. She could not refute the evidence of which I presented and the apology was given, reluctantly.

It will teach them the next time to be deviant!

No comments: