Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Food Diary Update


After 2 weeks of tracking what I eat and how i am doing, I am surprised at the results.


First of all, I have lost 4 lbs. That is great! I don't know if it is from tracking what I eat or working out with my trainer but I am attributing it to the combination of both.


I think that keeping track of what you eat, especially if you can see what you are putting in your mouth and see how it affects your body, you can start adjusting what you eat and learn to eat healthier.


I use this website http://www.fitday.com/ and it allows me to go and put in the food that I eat. It shows me the calories that are in the foods I eat and allows me to see how many grams come from fat, carbs, and proteins. It is just amazing at how bad food is for you. It is also amazing on how you can change your mind on what you eat... for example:


Chipotle Burrito, with chicken, rice, black beans, tomato and corn salsa, cheese, lettuce and a large coke (which is what I used to get) = 1350 calories!


NOW: Chipotle Burrito bowl, no tortilla, rice, black beans, tomato and corn salsa, lettuce and a glass of water: 455 calories!


That is the great thing about keeping track of what you eat. It makes me constantly analyze what I eat and helps me make better choices. If you wanna view what I eat, just click below.


2 comments:

Wes said...

Congrats on the weight loss Shaun. That is great to hear. I sure need to lose some too!

Anonymous said...

that's been my dinner here in denver.

Chipotle burrito bol
- Lettuce
- Tomato salsa
- Steak
- 1/2 rice
- Black beans

480calories
40 grams protein
12 grams fiber
10 grams of fat