Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Here we go a Scootering!


I have something I never thought I would have. I have a Scooter!



First of all, there is a good reason for buying a scooter. I have wanted one for several years and since our move to Columbus, we have finally decided to buy one.



Well, those of you who know Jeremy know that he does not do anything off the cuff so after some extensive research, and a few dozen trips to a local scooter peddler, I finally have a scooter.
After doing some research for cost and use, we decided that a scooter would be feasible for us. Let's do some math:

My truck at 20mpg in-town gets about 300 miles to the tank. I fill the tank up about once a week, and on a busy week, I fill it up twice but for time sake, lets just go with the one.


My scooter, on the other hand, gets $90 miles a gallon and only has a 1.3 gallon tank.

Truck:
17 gals x 3.99/gal gas = $68

$68 tank x 4 weeks/month = $272 a month in gas!

Scooter:
$50/month payment

1.3 gal x 3.99 = $5.20 x 3 times week = $15.60

$15.60 week x 4 weeks = 62.40 month!

So, just by doing that math, I save almost $160 on JUST gas a month! Wow!

So, for all of you out there who are thinking about a scooter, just remember that if you are going to use it, it saves you TONS of money!

So, its out to the street with the wind in my hair! Wait, I have to wear a helmet!

1 comment:

Wes said...

Cool. Did you have to get any extra license stuff? What about insurance? Is it much?